We are looking to hire great people who work hard at delivering exceptional results for clients within a flexible, autonomous workplace. If this interests you, please feel free to reach out to talk about the possibility of joining our team.
Davis Pier is a consulting firm that provides innovative solutions to complex government and social challenges. We work with public, non-profit, and private sector organizations in Canada and internationally to deliver the services necessary to improve society and the lives of others by designing, planning, and implementing lasting change.
We hire great people who work hard at delivering great results for clients within a flexible, autonomous workplace. We are looking for a Financial Administrator to join our team. Reporting to our Director of Finance and Administration, this role will be accountable for the day-to-day accounting and general governance process for our non-profit outpost, Pier Labs.
The Financial Administrator will primarily be responsible for financial functions for our non-profit outpost, Pier Labs, and will also support Davis Pier functions including:
- Accounts Payable and Account Receivables .
- Monthly financial statement preparation and related performance metrics tracking.
- Work with external auditors to support annual audit processes and special purpose project audits.
- Expense reports and visa reconciliations.
- Preparation of HST returns and related filings.
- Maintain tracking of contractor budgets and reconcile subcontractor and vendor invoices.
- Preparing and assisting with the reconciliation of inter-company transactions.
- Work with project managers on project budget tracking and track project related expenses against budgets.
- Supporting Board of Directors Administration and ensuring governance to bylaws (e.g., preparing resolutions and minutes, preparing Board packages, coordination of meetings and issuing notices) and related regulatory filings.
- Support the tracking of contract accountability and confirm adherence to project contract terms.
- Other duties as required to support the financial administration of the organization.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Completion of an Accounting, Business Administration, or related post-secondary program
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in accounting and financial administration
- Experience in calculating input tax credits and mixed revenue tax applications
- Knowledge of professional services invoicing processes and project accounting
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to work efficiently and effectively
- Keen attention to detail
- Sound judgement and the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
- Excellent computer skills including a strong level of proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and Quickbooks
- Previous professional services or not for profit experience would be considered an asset
Davis Pier is seeking a full-time Associate or analyst to join our consulting firm. The successful candidate will lead and deliver exceptional client services necessary to design, plan, and implement lasting change and improvement in complex public sector environments.
We know a consulting firm is only as good as its professionals and we pride ourselves on hiring the highest quality people who share our values: integrity, fairness, flexibility, fun, collaboration, and delivering impact.
The Associate will:
- Act as a lead consultant or team lead on complex projects;
- Manage resources within Davis Pier, partner firms, and client organizations;
- Manage client relationships within project environments;
- Provide expertise in our service lines on client engagements;
- Develop high quality project deliverables;
- Facilitate client workshops and interviews;
- Seamlessly integrate with client teams; and
- Develop tailored approaches to project delivery to ensure engagement outcomes are delivered in an undisruptive manner.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Formal education in business, public administration, engineering, or IT;
- Previous experience in project settings in a professional services environment;
- Focused on providing exceptional results to clients;
- Possess strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills;
- Possess the ability to remain flexible concerning approaches to delivering client solutions;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills;
- Previous consulting experience would be considered an asset; and
- Knowledge of the public sector, the social sector, or healthcare would be considered an asset.
Attn: Michelle MacAulay, Director of Professional Services
Who We Are
Davis Pier is a consulting firm that provides innovative solutions to complex government and social challenges. We work with public, not-profit, and private sector organizations in Canada and internationally to deliver the services necessary to improve society and the lives of others by designing, planning, and implementing lasting change. Our projects include work in a variety of domains, including healthcare, education, employment, social services, regulation, public safety, diversity and inclusion, and leadership development.
The Davis Pier team includes over 30 professionals with several complementary backgrounds, including business consultants, project managers, business analysts, change managers, engineers, service designers, and technical architects. Our core services are: Strategy & Analytics, Design, Transformation, People, and Technology.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds and who are representative of the communities that we serve, in particular those with lived experience of the barriers individuals face to employment.
Davis Pier and Pier Labs are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse communities that we serve. We encourage applications from women, BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ and people with disabilities as we strive to build a more inclusive society.
If you will require accommodations at any stage of the selection process, please state the nature of the accommodations in your cover note.
We would like to invite applicants to self-identify if they belong to an equity seeking group and disclose this information in their cover letter. Self-disclosure is completely optional.